Slab Leak Services in Frisco Texas
One of the biggest problems facing home and business owners in Frisco Texas are slab leaks. A water or sewer leak under a slab foundation of a residence or commercial building can cost thousands of dollars in damages, and many times do not give any signs of being there until a lot of damage has taken place. Being proactive can help a business or home owner save a lot of money on repairs, and damages. Some of the signs to watch for to determine if you have a slab leak include:
- Cracks in the wall or floors of your home or business If you notice cracks appearing in the walls, floors, or even ceilings of your home or business, you should have a slab leak test performed, to see whether or not you have a leak under your slab. This does not always mean you do, but it is a sign of a slab leak.
- Hot spots on floor If you notice a warm or hot spot on your floor, there is something generating that heat, and it is usually hot water. There should not be hot water under your slab, unless you have a radiant heating system, which is not common in Texas. This is a time to immediately go to the next steps of testing for a slab leak.
- Water appearing If you notice water appearing where it should not, at the base of your walls, outside coming out of the foundation, or anywhere on your floor that has no explanation, this could be a leak under your slab foundation.
- Nasty smell in your home While this can be caused by many things, if you rule out everything else you can think of, you may have a sewer slab leak. These are hard to determine, as there is not the water pressure constantly on your sewer lines, as it is on water lines. We perform what is called a Static Test, where we fill the sewer system with water, and test for leakage.
- High water bills suddenly If you notice a large increase in your water bill suddenly, you may have a leak, and if you cannot find it above slab, then it could be under your slab foundation. An easy way to test for this, is to shut off every faucet inside and outside of your home or business, go to your water meter, and shut it off completely. Mark the spot where the needle is with a marker, and wait for 15 minutes. If there is no change, then there should not be a significant leak. If it does move, there is a leak somewhere, and if you cannot find it, it’s probably under your slab.
Slab Leak Prevention in Frisco Texas
There are some steps that can be taken by home or business owners in Frisco, including:
- Soaker Hoses Many business owners and residents will use soaker hoses to help maintain a healthy soil around and under their home.
- Scheduled testing For sewer systems, a sewer video, and static test performed annually can help catch a sewer slab leak before it gets out of hand. For water systems, performing a meter test annually can help catch water slab leaks before they get out of hand.
If you believe you have a leak under your slab foundation, do not hesitate to call AugerPros Plumbing and Drain. The small cost of testing is minor compared to the damages that can come from an untreated slab leak.